Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
RV Quilting. Anybody do it? >

RV Quilting. Anybody do it?

RV Quilting. Anybody do it?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by hudgoddess View Post
We're going to try full-timing it starting this summer...at least for a little while. Lease will be up on the house, DH's company just got bought, things are up in the air. We'll see how it goes. So bringing the sewing stuff just isn't an option-it's essential! It'll be 2 cats, one big, elderly dog, DH and me. Say prayers everyone. Say lots of prayers!
Sounds like fun but I'll say a prayer for you too.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by all4flors View Post
We have been talking about buying a RV and my only one request is that there is some place for my machine and storage of my current project.

I once took my sewing machine and all the fabric for my current project on the plane on one of our vacations. DH thought I was crazy, but while dh and ds watched their hours and hours of baseball I sat in the bedroom with chair and small table piecing my project. I so enjoyed it that I want to do it again.
DH expects that when we travel I will have at least 2 machines with me -- a Bernina and a FW. That also includes a basket with tools, thread, etc., and several plastic boxes with projects. I always take UFOs on trips rather than starting a new project, because the cutting is already done. Since he travels with at least 2 guitars and an amplifier, we pack very carefully. Then, while he is out and about making music, I stay in the hotel room and sew. The desk, chair, iron and ironing board are already there, and the bed makes a great design wall. When I get tired of sewing, I go sit out by the pool in the shade and enjoy the fresh air.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 AM

I tow when I can a small 2 berth caravan the table is fantastic and very long. I have cut out and sandwiched on it in England and Wales in the sun. Trying to find a longer awning to cover all one side that I can put up myself so I can sew in the awning. Then myself and 3 dogs will make our way to Scotland. At present I sew in the caravan but have to frequently clear table to eat. I wish we just had to have a pill for food.
I thought of a van like yours but the dogs had no room.