View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
mckwilter

Originally Posted by all4flors View Post
We have been talking about buying a RV and my only one request is that there is some place for my machine and storage of my current project.

I once took my sewing machine and all the fabric for my current project on the plane on one of our vacations. DH thought I was crazy, but while dh and ds watched their hours and hours of baseball I sat in the bedroom with chair and small table piecing my project. I so enjoyed it that I want to do it again.
DH expects that when we travel I will have at least 2 machines with me -- a Bernina and a FW. That also includes a basket with tools, thread, etc., and several plastic boxes with projects. I always take UFOs on trips rather than starting a new project, because the cutting is already done. Since he travels with at least 2 guitars and an amplifier, we pack very carefully. Then, while he is out and about making music, I stay in the hotel room and sew. The desk, chair, iron and ironing board are already there, and the bed makes a great design wall. When I get tired of sewing, I go sit out by the pool in the shade and enjoy the fresh air.