View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 AM
RV Quilter

As you can see by my name I am a RV quilter. Our 38 foot motorhome is our home. I keep my Janome 6600 in a wheeled case behind the drivers seat. Big cutting board and ruler are kept under the mattress. Miscellaneous supplies (ripper, scissors, pins, etc) are kept in plastic basket under my chair at table. Fabric is under the bed, in cupboards,in our basement and wherever else I can stash it. I do my cutting, piecing and sewing and sometimes ripping at our table 30x36. Once you get your system down it works well. Yes, I move my machine alot as we eat at our table. Bigger quilt pieces being constructed hang on the back of the drivers seat. I layout smaller quilts on the bed. Larger ones I sandwich in the clubhouse by pushing tables together. The queen and king ones go to my longarm gal so not a problem. I never quilted until we went fulltime, retirement gives you times to find something you really like to do. We love the RV life traveling seeing our beautiful country, meeting new people and finding lots and lots of quilt shops. Yes, my husband is an enabler. Try it, you'll like it!!!!