Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 AM
linda8450

I started with D1 and upgraded to Diamond a few years ago. My friend has D1 and we sew together often.

You can download designs right to your computer (I don't recommend it, but you can) or a usb stick or cd. Then using an external floppy drive (or built in to puter if you have it) you can transfer the design or designs onto a floppy to insert into the D1.

You can download multiple designs onto the floppy (as opposed to one at a time) if you have the right software (3d 4d 5d) and I am sure others will work. You would need some software to view the designs anyway.
I found it tedious to only be able to put 1 design at a time on floppy, so I researched until I developed a way to do up to 20 or so and that would keep me busy. That way you only need to save designs on a usb (for permanent storage) and then copy them to floppy when you want to use them. You only need 6 or so floppies then, because you aren't using them for storage and you can reload them anytime.

I think that is a good deal, make sure you have 4x4 5x7 and mega hoop if you can get more, even better, and a good selection of feet. I would say it is a great deal as the D1 was a top of the line machine when it was new. Parts are still available, so if it hasn't been mistreated, go for it!

Last edited by linda8450; 03-04-2013 at 11:39 AM.