View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 AM
lovecreating

Red face

Originally Posted by Ranchwife View Post
I am at the stage of quilting that I just want to be done. I've got 3 blocks to finish, a small amount of sashing, then the border, binding and I'm done. The quilt is for myself and I'm hand quilting the it. I really love it, but I'm already planning for my next quilt and am excited to start it, but I refuse to until this one is finished. Anyone face this same dilemma while working on projects? Self discipline to finish one project at a time it tough!!
Yes I hear you. I have sewn for about 40 years. for many years with kids and their sports and jobs, it was just mending, curtains, making new cushions etc, but really no clothing. There was no time. I have friends who quilt and for years wanted to learn. So I finally took a class and loved it and wanted to make all sorts of things. Well I ended up buying fabric for different projects that now I've committed myself to. My mind has moved on to more artsy type of quilts so now I don't want to do the other more simple quilts. I want to move ahead but keep telling myself I need to make the other projects before I move on. Right now I have 3 tote bags I'm making. I've already made 8 of these that I loved for family members, and I'm not loving these. I'm not sure if it's the fabric (not my style but am keeping the recipients in mind), or just sick of making the same thing. I just really want to move on to other things but have said I can't buy any more stuff till I finish these projects first. So that is pushing me to keep going, slowly albeit.