Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of the quilt I'm working on >

Tired of the quilt I'm working on

Tired of the quilt I'm working on

Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 PM

I like to have more than one project going at a time. That way I can choose which one I want to work on each day. Sometimes though, I just can't pick one and get going on it. I had that problem last week so I decided to learn how to make some new blocks. I decided to make a sample kit of all of the ones I like and used Jenny's tutorials from MSQC. I had a lot of fun and even made a baby quilt top from fence rail blocks. I had never made them before and they were so easy. I used fabric that was left over from other projects. Then I cut all of my scraps I had stuffed away for years and got them organized by size and cut them into strips. Now I am working on binding my baby QAYG strip quilts I have had put away for the last few years in my linen closet. I just finished one a few minutes ago. I'm still not ready to make my Winnie the Pooh quilt though.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 AM

ooo Tropical -- pictures! =) you were so productive! I am going to try to 'be' you, today! lol
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Inside of quilt finished!! And done by my self imposed due date! I also managed to get about 12 inches of border quilted. Now, I'm excited to get to the binding and be done!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:38 PM

The border is done!!! All hand quilting finished! SID around both sides of the fussy cut border by machine, make and add the binding tomorrow, and do the hand work on it and I should be done hopefully Wednesday evening!! Yeah!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
CRO

I do know how you feel getting tired of working on a quilt. I only work on one quilt until it is finished and yes I just wish sometimes it was done so I could start the one I have planned next. With finances tough, and I only buy for each project (IOW no stash!) I have to finish the one I'm working on, or I can't go on to a new one.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 AM

Every Quilt! I do sometimes leave one with the binding to be finished but try to get it the the LAQ before I start my next one. Sometimes it works, the last 2 I couldn't wait on lol. It's more difficult for me to work on 2 at the same time.