Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 AM
helou

I think exactly the same way Sewnoma does
I only have one brother and he has three daughters and the three of them have one or two young children. I am not making any quilts for them as I really don't think they will appreciate them. I am making quilts anyway and I am waiting for the "future owner" to come along l I want to see their excitement to receive a gift they did not think possible to receive!!!

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
"If you sew it, they will come"!

In my experience, if you keep enough quilts out and visible they will gain admirers, and whenever someone gets attached to one I get a huge kick out of saying, "Well, since you really like that one, why don't you keep it? That one is an extra. No, really, please take it, so I will have an excuse to make another one!" and watching people go through the stages of disbelief, shyness about "taking" something, then finally excitement and snuggly happiness as they cuddle their new quilt.

There are only a very few quilts that are mine permanently. The rest, I'm just 'breaking in' until their true owner comes along. LOL

I learned this from my grandma, by the way. She was always very generous with her quilts; many, many, MANY people ended up with her quilts, not just family. She passed away 10 years ago now, and I STILL run into friends of the family that tell me how their quilt is still in use and still loved. Sometimes I almost think Gram enjoyed giving the quilts away more than making them, but then she made SO MANY she kind of had to give them out or her house wouldn't have had space to move in it!