View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Divokittysmom

Rose; Welcome to the RV Quiltin' Club!! We have a 35' triple slide 5th wheel and I take my sewing machine with me all the time as we are Volunteer Park hosts and are gone for 1 -2 months at a time. I can't live that long without my machine! I use my dining table for my sewing area. I usually try to pre cut my projects before I leave but I do have a cutting mat, ruler, pressing surface and my plexiglass Sew steady table all stored under our mattress that lifts up. I can use the table for cutting also. I utilize the TV cabinet area in the bedroom for my mini sewing room closet. All my projects and notions including my iron are stored up there. My sewing machine for now is my Designer 1 a large full sized sewing machine, I keep it behind my recliner when not in use. I also have a task lamp that I store in my mini sewing closet. It's amazing how many little nooks and crannies you can find to put sewing paraphernalia in an RV! I am hoping to one day get a Babylock Audrey to replace my D1 as it's as small as a FW but with more stitch options.
Enjoy your life on the road,.. you don't have to give up quilting or sewing it fits in just perfectly!!
As my Designer 1 is a computerized embroidery machine I also bring my Battery Back Up Surge Protector. Campgrounds are notorious for having fluctuating power surges so I NEVER leave home without it! Yes,I also do machine embroidery on the road too!!

Last edited by Divokittysmom; 03-05-2013 at 11:37 AM.