View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
KathyRobin

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I used a big piece of warm and natural. I used push pins to secure it to the wall...easy and fabulous
I too use warm & natural for my design wall. The only room I had to put one up is in front of my closet that has double bi-fold doors. I bought a dowel that is 8 feet long. Bought a twin sized batting and turned it length-wise and cut it in half. I sewed a curtain-like hem at the now top and slid the batting onto the dowling. My husband hung the dowel over the closet lintel with spacers so it hangs out a bit. The reason I needed to split the batting was so I can get into the closet when needed but when just hanging there I pin the split together to make one sheet 90" wide and 72" long.

The pieces I hang there stick like glue on the batting. When I made a king-size quilt it had to be pinned in order to stay up because it was so heavy and long but it still helped tremendously to see where I was as I was adding blocks to it. I'm making a zig a zag quilt now that's imperative that I can see it as it's progressing just so I don't get lost. (and that's easy for me)