Old 03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Notimetoquilt

Every year I donate 3 quilts 60" x 70" to a shelter for battered women. If they are in the home for Christmas, they get a quilt. My group also make wheelchair quilts for veterans, baby quilts for a home for destitute pregnant girls, quilts for Quilts of Valor (for injured soldiers) or Victoria's quilts (for cancer patients). We also make cuddle quilts for premature babies at our hospitals. They are 22" x 22" and they cover the incubators and parents can hold their babies in them. Those quilts are theirs to keep. Also, we make quilts for children who are going through dialysis and cancer treatments. I have made quilts for my eldest daughter. My second daughter does not want quilts. I am now making one for my third daughter. My fourth daughter wants a queen size rag quilt. She chose flannel that I had but I don't have enough so I am on the look out for something similar. I still don't have one quilt of mine but I have bought a kit called the Painted Lady and that is what I will be making for myself soon. By the way, I am now retired and spend many happy hours quilting.