View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
DogHouseMom

Default "Illinois" badged 15 Clone

I spotted this machine on E-bay and said 'cool' but I wasn't totally interested in a 15 clone ... a few days later I saw it in my "purchases" box. Husband bought her ... $12.00. Nice deal. I haven't plugged her in yet as the wiring has some breaks in it and I'd rather get that fixed first (have I mentioned I don't like electricity?). The light will clamp in place once the bulb is in.

The badge reads "Dial-O-Matic World best sewing machine". That's not a typo ... it actually say's "world best" ... not "worlds best". SN #TA79021

I've got an electrical guy who works on electric motors for a living (usually really BIG motors, he'll probably giggle when I give him this one). I'll be asking for his expertise as I don't do electric (which is part of the reason I wasn't totally interested in a 15 clone - I like pure mechanics - electricity hurts). I'm the kind of person that throws the main breaker when I need to change a face plate on a light switch. I've only recently stopped throwing the breaker to change the light bulbs ... baby steps.

Posting two pics of what it looked like when I brought it home, a pic of what it looked like after rubbing a cloth over her to remove the gunk (there was actually a band aid on the bobbin plate - I think it was a 1/4" guide!!), and some pics of a funky looking thing that I think is the foot pedal but I can't for the life of me figure out what the clamps are for and how the darn thing works (there is no "movement" to it if you press it). So if anyone knows what this thing is ... or how it's supposed to work ... clueless here could use some guidance.
Attached Thumbnails before-face.jpg   before-front.jpg   after.jpg   foot-pedal-1.jpg   foot-pedal-2.jpg