View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 AM
klgreene

I'm the secretary at our Guild, and the President of our Quilt Club. We encourage show and tell, that's one way to learn and give us ideas. It's a wonderful way of showing who you are. Our group is so diverse, it's wonderful. For example. I don't do large quilts, I'm in a wheel chair and it's just to hard. But I like to make mine from start to finish. So a lap top is as big as I go. But I love paper piecing, and miniatures so make little quilts. I'm awed by some of the large beautiful quilts, and other ladies wouldn't attempt making the miniatures. That's what keeps us having fun. If your quilt guild doesn't do a show and tell, I would be very bored and probably wouldn't stay. Besides if you have a new member who is new to quilting, that is how she learns. And if she's done something that the guild could help her with, that's why we get together. Well I'm off...it's quilt club day, and I've got my show and tell all ready to go.....have fun at your guild. And remember it's "show" so you can bring something to show everyone, and "tell", if you didn't work on anything, do you have a story to tell. It isn't just.....let's look at others!!!!!