View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
  #19  
miriam
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 15,510
Default

I just got a pathetic 301 working again! It needed a total make over. There was mold, mildew etc on the paint. Some scaring from that - blotches in the paint where that all was. The motor squealed but good, there was rust on the shuttle, the tension had to be rebuilt, the whole thing had to have the grease and oil cleaned up. The balance wheel had a lot of dried up oil in there - the machine would not stop running when I took my foot off the pedal. Now it works just fine. Took several hours though.
miriam is offline