View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Celeste

I have a twin sister ("firstborns") and there are plenty of "What did you do?!" stories our Mom liked to tell about us. For the longest time I thought she was just telling people how naughty we were and would be embarrassed or humiliated. (They did not have stories they told about two of younger siblings, the third, well...). After my nephews and nieces were born, I got to see the amusing side of young kids escapades.

My Mom liked to tell of the time she inherited her grandmothers cut glass vase and figured that we would not be able to get to it if she stored it in the cabinet above the refrigerator. Nope, it seems we dragged a highchair to the 'fridge, climbed on that, opened the freezer to get on top, then disaster.

Once she realized it was too quiet and when she found us, we had shined the kitchen floor with butter and did the doorknob as an added bonus. Another time she found us with streamers we had soaked in the dog's water bowl changing the color of the wall in the house they rented. And yet another we had found a stash of jello powder my Dad's Dad, who was a chemist had formulated for really hot climates (could hold it's shape longer) and had it all over us, and the floor under the table.

She caught one of us in our sister's crib (we were around 3 yrs), handing her to the other standing next to it. (Heart stopper.)

Last edited by Celeste; 03-16-2013 at 07:21 PM.