View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Celeste

The first nephew was about 2 1/2 when my sister was close to giving birth to her second child. My sister and I would take him for rides. Once as we were driving downtown I saw a street that shared his name, Taylor. When I pointed it out he said; "That's otay, I can share." As we were getting close to home, I meant to amuse him by making a noise that sounded like the tires were squealing as a turned corners. When we got back he announced to his parents, "Aunt Sighyest drives like a maniac!" The stricken look my DBIL gave me made me think I'd never be driving his kid(s) around EVER AGAIN!

When he was at the age where he could identify parts of the body by pointing to it, his Dad had said "ice" and Taylor not only pointed to his eye, but was touching it. (eek)

I once went to visit my sister and her family, this time up to four, during a summer month in Oklahoma. I just don't "do" hot muggy days, so stayed in their cool home while they took off to the park. The second son Bryce came back with a friend all excited and told me I had to come and see something. It turns out he had had caught a big frog and was thrilled. As we were walking there he explained that his mom had told them not to get into the mud at the lake, but when he saw that frog he decided getting in trouble "was worth it!" My sister appreciated the catch and there was no trouble about any mess. He asked his Mom to write down on their calendar that it was the "best day of my life!"