View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
mpeters1200

There is a local QOV group here, but lots of rules. Some specifics are just too much, and I'd never get anything done.

My step-son is Army. I made him a quilt that started the same day as his deployment and didn't stop til he made it home. It's pictured here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/25117.page

I have ton some smaller projects as well as dabbled a bit in QOV. I do a lot of organizing and quilt work for our local VA, plus we have an Air Force Base here as well. There are National groups and local ones, so it'll take a bit of research to find what you would like to do and where you want your quilts to go.

In WWII it was bandages needed more than quilts. I find a lot of satisfaction in being useful for our men and women in uniform. I make stuffed animals, quilts, quillow's, small hangable quilted Christmas ornaments, I've even made some local Army mom's their Blue Star banners. As much as all I would like to do is make quilts, I still have a full time job and 3 small kids at home...plus people close to me that want quilts. I like to help any way I can.