View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 04:35 AM
katier825

Default My new baby! Juki TL-2010Q

I picked up my new baby, a Juki TL-2010Q, on Thursday. All I can say is WOW! Thursday night and Friday night I just played and tinkered with things. Saturday, I finished quilting a small quilt that I had started quilting on my Viking Sapphire. Although they have a similar harp width, the Juki has a larger opening and less bulk in the needle area, so it's easier to see where you are going. It's so FAST! It's taken some practice to get the change in my hand movement speed to the speed of the Juki. But I think it will be a very short learning curve for me, so I was willing to brave it and finish the quilt I started on the Viking. I haven't tested out all of the accessories, but will be trying out the walking foot later when I put the binding on the quilt. The best thing is that the tension has been perfect from the start! I have not had to adjust it at all!

I bought this machine sight unseen because there isn't a Juki dealer near me. I was asking my repair guy about this and the Brother that looks identical to it. He highly recommended the Juki because of the quality (metal parts, not plastic). He said they require very little maintenance and have a reputation as a quality machine. He offered to order it for me, so I took him up on it. If I need help with it, he's always there for me. He's a great repair guy!

I haven't named her yet... still thinking on that one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails juki-tl-2010q.jpg