Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 AM
dabbler312

Ana - love the monkey pattern - I too dislike working with flannel - I have a bad case of eczema on the palms of my hands and the flannel snags - for the last swap I used flannel for the mittens - thank goodness it wasn't the whole runner. According to the post office my package was out for delivery yesterday - I haven't checked today; I will assume that Tammy received it.

Yesterday I slow roasted two large corned beef briskets for reuben chowder and and rueben sandwiches tonight; the chowder is a new recipe that my daughter wanted to try. No Irish in my heritage nor the misters - my old boss used to tell me "On St. Patty's Day we're all a little Irish" so I'll drink a beer (not green) and toast to your health.

I'm working on a home deco project that's due out this Thursday; I double checked what my partner had indicated they wanted and darned if I didn't get the wrong fabrics to start with so yesterday when I was at BOM at our local shoppe I picked up new fabric and got busy cutting and sewing last night - I don't think a quilting retreat would be for me - I don't care to sit at my machine for that long a stretch; my arse feels like it is permantely attached to my chair. Wish I could show progress but partner lerks around on the board - NO PEEKING!!!

You all have a great day celebrating life.