Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 AM
peppermint31

This was my first time to attend. Had no idea that there were 3 shows to visit. Went to the Host first. Then the Continental via shuttle (the traffic was awful) . Finally headed downtown and had no signage to tell a stranger where to go for parking. Asked a mounted police officer for directions and he was very nice and helped us. We spent the next day going to quilt shops and the roads are made by going around every farm. NOTHING straight about them. got lost and turned around numerous times but the people are very friendly and helpful,

Bought a beautiful clock that chimes, my souviner for my trip! Got LOTS of fabric at the local shops but not at the shows as it was much more expensive.

I like going to the Des Moines show where everything is in one place and it is much easier to find your way around. Enjoyed the many quilts and vendors. I bought a pattern that will be just stunning when I get it made. It is so new that I had to order it.
Attached Thumbnails gypsy-026.jpg  

Last edited by peppermint31; 03-18-2013 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling and post picture