Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What did you think about Lancaster Show this year? >

What did you think about Lancaster Show this year?

What did you think about Lancaster Show this year?

Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
No quilt show I have ever been to compares with Paducah Quilt Show. It's all quilts, quilting, and more quilts.
Thank you! I am contemplating going to Paducah next year and I do not want to schlep all the way there for vendors. I want quilts, quilts and then some more quilts.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM

I liked the sewing machine vendors too, but you're right this was mostly a vendors show. The local shopping was worth the trip. We got to 10 different shops and great deals/ I have posted some pictures.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM

the best part of the aqs show was the Egyptian sewers and their quilts. the rest was pretty lame. Went to the Host for the "local" show this year and thought they had a better display of quilts with the Album quilt display, the kids quilts and the other one (forget thename) However, I don't go for only the quilts, I have friends that I go to see and shopping to do - we shop in the am and go to the show in the pm. All in all, I had a wonderful time.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM

Default Lancaster Quilt Show

Originally Posted by Holice View Post
did anyone get out to the vendor mall east of town at the Continental Hotel.
If so what was there and what did you think?
I live in Lancaster County and I am very interested to read the comments about the quilt show this year. The sewing club I belong to decided to only go to the show held at the Continental Inn and not downtown to the big show at the Convention Center. After we observed the price of fabric at downtown show last year - $12 to $15 per yard - we decided to stay away from that area. I understand that vendors charge that much in order to make up the cost of their booth rental, but they should also consider where they are.....there is a quilt shop on every corner in Lancaster County with exceptionally good prices. My club had a great time at the Continental and we love the vedors there. It is so nice to be so close...I went back on Friday and got a few things that I had passed up on Thrusday. Living here for a quilter is like living in the middle of a trout stream for a fisherman.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:41 PM

I was disappointed with how few quilts there were and a lot of old vendors missing. I loved the Egyptian Tent Makers but was shocked at how low the prices were for these beautiful handmade quilts.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm glad I went ... but not sure if I'll go to the shows next year. It is more of a vendor show than a quilt show, but I am getting interested in the actual quilting process so I tried to get as close to the quilts as possible to study and enjoy it. Alot of embellished quilts this year-last year was thread painting. Saw some mags pushing applique this year.
Hey, what was your opinion of the Zebra quilt? I liked the squirrel one- I think that was thread painting. both were on the 1st floor. I enjoyed the vendors at the Continental-they are quite friendly and loved looking at the whole cloth. My favorite part was meandering the backroads home and stopping at alot of shops. I think next year I'll go up at the same time as the AQS show- but only hit the local shops for the price alone.

What is Hershey like? Is it ran by the same company that hosts the quilt show in Oaks (near King of Prussia)?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM

I absolutely LOVED the zebra quilt. I've always been partial to zebras, so it was my favorite quilt. But you had to stand way back from it to get the full effect. So cool!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by callie8799 View Post
What is Hershey like? Is it ran by the same company that hosts the quilt show in Oaks (near King of Prussia)?
No, Hershey is separate from the Oaks show.

I went to the Hershey show in 2007. I didn't think they had a lot of quilts, but the quilts they had were the cream of the crop. I thought the vendor mall was wonderful, but I've not been to the Lancaster show so I don't know how the two shows compare.

Janet