View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Bneighbor

Red face I went on vacation...

I went on vacation and never left my sewing room. I have been working like crazy on my room. Bookcases were put together and the table top was put on. I decided to sort and fold fabric to at least get some of the masses of fabric put away, not their final spots, but to help organize.
Well as I was folding I was thinking about where certain fabrics came from. We go racing all over the country during the summer and I do get to shop occasionally. So cool to remember nice stores I visited, cute little out if the way shops and sometimes big box stores just to see if they carry something different than my local store has. It is amazing how much I acquired in the last few years.
i took a few of the most memorable ones (ones that have funny or unusual stories of how they were acquired) and put them together....this will be my travel memory quilt. I actually have a piece of fabric a friend gave me that has maps, motor homes, and places of interest on it. Not sure how or when it will get started, but that will be part of the memories too!
i hope to get the room done in the next few weeks so I can share pictures (once I find out how to post them!)