Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That one would be a lot of bias work. I think I like the idea of the DP3 with that yellow in the little blocks.
Would the Elmer's glue trick stabilize it enough to not completely frustrate a newbie? I'm leaning towards a D9P too (I think that's what you meant? I can't picture a 3 patch...

Originally Posted by Shrink42020 View Post
Yellow Brick road would be another nice pattern and the yellow would actually pull the quilt together; it is not a free pattern and $7.00 is the least expensive one that I can find!
That's an interesting pattern isn't it? I may need more fabric than I have in this particular case though.

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
Try pulling the top left fabric (dark red/maroon) away from the mix and see what it does for you.
The one with all of the multicolored leaves on it?

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
I could see some pretty pinwheels, but I am a very novice quilter myself. I would not include the yellow either. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with.
Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
they are beautiful fabrics-but muted together except the yellow-it really pops
I bet that was the original intention. I typically go for muted colors, I wanted to try to stretch my comfort zone a little.

Originally Posted by kkdolls View Post
Check out the Morning Star 2 pattern on quilterscache.com. This would be beautiful.
Oh I like that! The step by step instructions don't hurt either.