Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
The leafy purple/green/blue would get folded to lay beside me to get petted a few times a day!

All in all------great fabric choices.
LOL! I really like that one too. I can't take credit for the fabric choices, only for choosing the "package" out of a stack of others. I would have loved to see some of this lady's finished quilts.

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
1 square meter in total?????????????? Or one meter in length and a bit more than one meter in width?

Yikes, that around 220 square inches or less than 15 x 15. (conversion system in brain out of order temporarily!)
My guess is 1m in length. They were selling fabric at the sale based on the cut length of the fabric, and this bag said "approx 1m"

I will lay it out shortly and see if I can get a better estimate.

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I would probably cut them into strips or squares and let them be used in a scrappy. If all together they only make about 1 meter, that is what I would do as I can't see it coming close enough to make a quilt top.
I'm certainly not adverse to adding fabric. I"d also love a lap quilt that stays lap sized. My first one ended up more than 60" on each side. Oops. I guess I should have stopped adding rows earlier.

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
I see an art quilt, and probably a garden scene. The dark blue at the front is a stormy sky, the medium blue and yellow is the ground around the garden, the yellow/brown at the front is trees, the one with red and purple (back left) is fruit on the trees or could be garden produce, the dark brown is soil, cut outs of the bright yellow flowers or whatever are pinwheels or sunflowers at the side/back of the garden, and the leaves on the right are backing. You could back the fabric with fusibles and then cut out your areas with scissors and stick them on. Iron when you are satisfied. Do a sketch first.
Oh I really like that idea! Would it be applique'd on or stitched a little in and allowed to fray or would I create 1/4? seams after I laid it out?? Is this beginner stuff? Or am I better off not knowing that I'm trying something that stretches my wings more than I'd planned?

Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
Have you tried the HST method where you cut two matching squares, draw a diagonal line across and sew 1/4" away on both sides? Then you cut the square on the line you drew and you have two HST. I use this method all the time and get great HST's. http://www.treadleon.net/quiltshop/b...struction.html
I haven't tried any HST yet, but that looks like a nice easy method. I will try that sometime soon, even if I don't use it for this project. I did pick up one of the Quick Quarter 2 rulers, and I'm looking forward to that helping me keep my crooked lines equi-distant.