Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
I would probably set aside the yellow and the red flower fabrics for another project. Check out 'Quilter's Cache' website for thousands of block patterns that are rated by difficulty.
I spent a heck of a lot of time on that site picking out stuff I liked.

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Post a photo when you get a quilt done, I'd love to see what you decided.
Definitely. I have my head terribly full of blocks and ideas you've all so generously offered, so I think the next thing to do is determine what I can do with this much fabric and find what coordinates, preferably in my stash already.

I did the math tonight, there's 11.09 sqft of fabric in that package with all the numbers rounded down, ie 12.4" became 12" for the calculations. That's just shy of a lineal meter x roughly 42"

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I like the idea of a sampler quilt with each block different. It would give you a chance to try several different ones and grow. When I learned to quilt we did a 6 block sampler, each block was a different technique. We had a basket, a log cabin (4 smaller one put together to make a 12" block), applique, reverse applique, a curved one(I did rob peter to pay paul using a drunkard path template), and it was either a block with a "y" seam or a star block, (I did lemoyne star). With each one you will learn something new. You can choose a variety that you feel comfortable with.
That sounds great too! about 6 months ago I spent some time going through a book of blocks and picked out about a dozen I'd like to make in a sampler. I wonder how many would work with these fabrics...
*wanders off to go find that list*

I'll pull out some of the blenders I have tomorrow and see if I have any great matches to supplement.