Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 PM
LoupEsprit

Brat: I went from my government desk job (that I lost two days after Christmas) to my new job as a preschool teacher at my son's school.

Pay went down, hours went up (I was 8-5, m-f, hr lunch. Now I'm typically 7:30-6:30-ish, 1/2 hr lunch!) By the end of the day, I'm exhausted, mentally and physically (I sit on the floor and can't hardly get up for pete's sake!) I've been sick with one illness or another since I started (I'm on my second bout of Pink Eye in a month) and more often than not, I'm bringing home work to prep on the weekends.

BUT - I *love* my job. I've got a daily welcoming party of 40+ preschoolers that are always happy to see me, and a never-ending supply of hugs, helpers, and crayon drawings. I was offered a part-time position, and it turned into a full-time position as the ART TEACHER, which I absolutely love! My boss is amazing, and my co-workers are always smiling. I wouldn't trade back to my old job!

I just hope everyone is as patient as Sandy was, with my swap delay issues! I love everyone here, and these swaps are truly a highlight of my scarce 'free time'.

Sorry for the monologue... Finally found a minute to put this out there!