View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 AM
pyffer3

3 completed quilts so far. I started quilting last May, 2012. My first quilt was pre-printed cross stitch blocks. I cross stitched the blocks and then everything was hand sewn and hand quilted. That one took me about 9 months, a large lap-size quilt (not quite a twin). After that I have 'completed' two others using brother sewing machine (one about a twin size and one a large baby blanket). I have one I am quilting now, almost finished, needs to be done by next weekend as its a wedding gift for my sister (it's a large lap size) -- see the Frustrated thread I started (LOL). I have another one that is sandwiched and waiting to be quilted. Then, of course, there are multiple others in various planning stages...from fabric and pattern in box, to already cut out pieces waiting to be sewn. Since I got started last year, I caught the 'bug' and can't stop with printing out patterns, buying fabric, and more fabric, and more fabric. This has really been addicting! Plus this board has been very encouraging. I don't think I would have stayed with it like I did if it hadn't been for this board. I got very tired of that first hand-sewn quilt. No patience, I guess.