Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many quilts have you made?

How many quilts have you made?

How many quilts have you made?

7 quit tops but only 2 full quilts.

7 complete quilts one top that's unfinished. Its flannel and now that its warm outside I lack the motivation to sandwich and complete it! I think it will have to wait until winter

Just finished 24th quilt.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

I've probably made 150. Many were given away. That is only a guess, and I have about 20 ufo's that I didn't add into that total.
    Sue

I forgot to ask along with how many quilts you have made, how long have you been quilting,
    and do you send yours to a longarm quilter, do you hand quilt, or do you machine quilt it yourself?
    Looking forward to all of your answers. Love talking to fellow quilters.

I just counted 67 flimseys ( pieced but not sandwiched or quilted ) and at least triple that many finished over a lifetime of quilting. I enjoy the fabric searching, cutting and piecing a bit more than the actual quilting process but I am always pleased to finish a quilt too! Having that many tops ready to finish, means, I can pull one out and finish it quickly if necessary.....unexpected hospital stay by a friend, for example! That said, I will start another flimsy this afternoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
    I forgot to ask along with how many quilts you have made, how long have you been quilting,
    and do you send yours to a longarm quilter, do you hand quilt, or do you machine quilt it yourself?
    I have been quilting for 3 years. I have finished 3 so far this year. I quilt them myself on my home machine but dream of a longarm. I'm still a beginner and have young kids (4 and 2) so it will be awhile before I can get one. For now I am very happy with my baby lock symphony!

Blog Entries
    I think I'm in the mid 30s now (finished) and at least 10 more ready to be quilted.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I've been quilting for 5 years and have probably made around 30 so far. I only work on one at a time so I have some blocks on my design board and nothing waiting to be quilted. I have done up to queen size on my DSM but sent the only kind sized I have made out to be long-armed.
    1951 Singer 301A - "Jean"
    1958 Singer Featherweight - "Verna"
    2009 Janome 4100QDC - Nameless

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Gawsh I have made over 100 quilts. Less than half were large bed sized quilts, but I make lots and lots and lots of small quilts, table toppers, runners, and lap/baby quilts!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

I have made 3 quilts and a bunch of little things. ( like Totes)

Susan

I've been quilting 4 years and am finishing my 22nd quilt, a huge king size. I have quilted my own on a DSM except for 2 and the center panel of 1, which I took to a fabulous longarm quilter here in Vegas. I finally broke down and bought the HQ Sweet 16 sit down machine because I just don't want to wrestle those big ones on my Janmome 6600 anymore.

Blog Entries
    I made my first quilt all by myself in 1966, but then I raised a family of 7 children and sewed for them and didn't get serious about quilts until they started getting married and have made each one a wedding quilt. I have pictures of 47 quilts that I have made and I had made several before I got smart and started taking pictures. Most of my quilts have been donated to charity. I have 12 UFO in the closet and just finished one last week. But it is funny how life gets in the way sometimes and it is going to be a while before I get back to them.

Blog Entries
    first quilt made in 1976---quilted off & on for 30 years---then started taking it more seriously.
    i've made a few hundred quilts- one year with the help of family members we made 76 quilts.
    i quilt them myself- by hand, on my domestic machine and with my longarm all 3.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I started quilting in the early 90's. I think 1991

Bed size quilts:
    10 completed
    of those 10 - 4 were handquilted and 5 were longarmed by me and one was sent out to be Longarmed before I got my own LA
    All were machine pieced

T-Shirt quilts:
    7 all queen size. All but 1 were hand tied. The remaining one was longarmed by me

Child size quilts (approximately 50" to 60" square
    4 of these, 2 were a combination of hand and machine quilting on my DSM and 2 were 100% quilted on DSM

I have made numerous smalls such as wall hangings, table runners, placemat sets etc. Too many to remember. All of which were done on my DSM.

Since getting my LA in 2010 I have quilted approximately 30 quilts for others.

Blog Entries
    I've been quilting about 23 years, and I stopped counting after 400 quilts. My first quilts went to a longarm quilter to be quilted, then I started hand quilting, then doing some by hand and my machine, Last year I got a Nolting 14", and I will try using it soon, I swear. about half of my quilts were for a bed, friends and family and for my home.
    dare to dream

I've been quilting 15 years. I've made 61 and counting. All machine pieced, all quilted by me. I also hire out to make T-shirt quilts and I live in a town with a major University (and the most recent Heisman trophy winner) and so I make a lot of maroon and white t-shirt quilts.

oh, and I want a HQ Sweet 16 so bad !!!!

Blog Entries
    I have been quilting for 3 years, and have only made about 17. I like lots of pieces, so the tops take a bit of time. I've only made 2 baby quilts, the rest were 60X60 or larger, with a couple small queens. 2 years ago, I purchased a used long arm (even though I had no business doing so ;-) ) and have quilted about a dozen charity tops (QOV) in addition to the ones I've pieced.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I have to admit that I never took count of them!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I have been quilting for 30 years and have made hundreds. I sure do wish I had thought to keep a quilting journal all those years ago.

I quilt my own...both hand quilting and FMQing on my vintage Bernina. I have never sent one elsewhere...until now. A friend of mine is longarming a full size quilt for me and I'm piecing a twin size top for her. The barter system...gotta love it!
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
    I think about 45. I've been quilting for 17 years. Now I mostly stick to smaller pieces--table runners, wall hangings and my Talk-About Books, unless I know who a quilt is for before I start. Many have been given away as gifts. That doesn't include crib quilts. The vast majority of mine are sent to a log arm quilter because getting things layered is too hard here. I hate puckers.

I have around 120 quilts on my finished or almost finished list and I've been quilting since 1999. But I've moved 4 times since then and each move caused a disruption of about 3 to 4 months in my quilt time. The last two moves were only 9 months apart and really disrupted my quilt time since I knew we'd be moving again and most of my sewing room stayed packed.

I quilt some of them and some of them I've sent out.

Blog Entries
    i've lost count
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast