Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts have you made? >

How many quilts have you made?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM

14 quilts, 1 top ready to quilt and one on the cutting table and 4 more planned. I have quilted several more for other people though.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 PM

I have been quilting 3 years and have 3 finished quilts. and two in basted and ready to quilt.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 PM

I have been quilting for about 11 years - but retired for 5 years so most have been done in the past 5 years. I have made about 200 quilts. I make a quilt for each new baby at church and most of the others are large lap quilts. I have a long arm so do my quilts from start to finish. I actually like all aspects of quilting - except figuring how much material I need for the backing.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 PM

Very interesting to hear what people are doing.
My first 3 "quilts" (no piecing, sandwiched, quilted, bound) were in desperation for Christmas gifts as a newly wed, college student with no money. L O N G P A U S E.

My daughter decided I could be the quilt project leader for 4-H, and not wanting to let her opinion of me down, I rose to the occasion. I kept ahead of the children. That was 1990, 22 years later, I'm still quilting as is she. We have this in common, a precious bonding tool. Having not met the "quilt police", I was fearless and actually accomplished a lot both piecing and machine quilting.

Then I went to work full time. I had so many ideas and couldn't keep up with the quilting, so most went to LAQ.

When DD graduated from college and I had more free time, I started developing my own style and no LAQ could come close to my style, so a started again quilting my own on DM and bought LA (most lap size and larger are LA).

Now most quilts are small wall hangings. There's a king size on the LA. I still have more ideas than time. I'm more content with enjoying the process than getting it finished, so I stopped counting. I'm enjoying the time with other people while I'm quilting.

We have 1 child (her house is overflowing with my quilts) and no GK's (no recipients there). I've given some for fund raisers, charity, friends, family. Some are on long term loan to fam/friends (I get them back when people die). There are my favorites that grace the walls, furniture, dining table of our house on a rotating basis. There's a series of shopping bags. There's 4 large cupboads filled with quilts. I've sold maybe 30. Take a guess......200-500, I've no idea.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
I lost track a long time ago.....But I can tell you its not as many as some have made and not as many as I would like to make...LOL....