Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt do you have that you've made? >

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 AM

I started out making baby quilts for the grands and could never get away from it. Suddenly their friends who were expecting wanted one. Then I finished a small twin for my son. He was killed just as I was finishing it and we buried him with it. I've made numerous lap quilts and a twin but never a full or bigger. I don't have anything that I've made for myself, which makes DH ever more frustrated. I made baby quilts for free (they buy the fabric) just so I can keep quilting. He doesn't take that into consideration. I was gonna keep this GFG quilt, but now my (ex) mother in law is coming up from Alabama and we are giving her a 92nd birthday party. I will give it to her if I can get it done (lap size). She was my inspiration to quilt! Shes a very strong woman who raised 8 kids alone and always made them quilts...although I have no idea where she gets the time!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I like you, make many and give them away...

I have no quilts for myself :shock: LOL My sons have a couple, nothing special . Really need to fix that :oops: My nieces and nephews and their babies have more then we do :lol:
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM

I have given many many away, and sold some, and still mine for me.
I made quillows one year, I don't have one for myself.
I lost count of how many log cabin quilts I made before I decided to make (and keep) mine; 2 of them!! a lap for the sofa and a queen for for our bed.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 AM

I started quilting when I saw an antique quilt I wanted and decided to duplicate it. Than my 9 siblings started having babies and baby quilts took precedence. Now I make wedding quilts for all those "babies" with the help of 2 quilting sisters. I do have some that I've kept, enough for our beds and some for display. I've also donated lots to charity.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Mine are all given away... :D:D:D
Old 06-25-2010, 07:09 AM

Zero----zip----nada
I have a quilt for myself on my bucket list but haven't gotten to it yet! :-)
Old 06-25-2010, 07:17 AM

I have 2 queen size quilts that I have kept for our bed, all others have been given away. I do enjoy walking into my bedroom and seeing a quilt I made on my bed. Gives me a great feeling of satisfaction.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:25 AM

I feel so selfish. I have already made handquilted quilts for everyone in the family from mom,dad, sister, nephews, greatnephews, Nieces, etc. Even friends andd best friends and made over 500 small quilts for Project linus in the last 5 years. So being happy about that. I also sell one on occassion. BUT!!!!! I still manage to have a handquilted one hanging proudly on a wall in every room in my home and in some rooms up to 4. Different sizes and shapes. I even have three quilt racks with full quilts on board. Not to mention the ones folded and in the CHina/quilt cabinet. Every bed in the house has one with matching pillowcases and shams. I have decided I am a quiltaholic after all. LOL. But when visitors come in from out of town, etc. If they see a quilt they love, it comes down and goes home iwth them. Unless it is a special one to me and made during a certain time in my life.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Of the 51 that I have completed, I have given 33 away. That means I have 18.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I feel so selfish. I have already made handquilted quilts for everyone in the family from mom,dad, sister, nephews, greatnephews, Nieces, etc. Even friends andd best friends and made over 500 small quilts for Project linus in the last 5 years. So being happy about that. I also sell one on occassion. BUT!!!!! I still manage to have a handquilted one hanging proudly on a wall in every room in my home and in some rooms up to 4. Different sizes and shapes. I even have three quilt racks with full quilts on board. Not to mention the ones folded and in the CHina/quilt cabinet. Every bed in the house has one with matching pillowcases and shams. I have decided I am a quiltaholic after all. LOL. But when visitors come in from out of town, etc. If they see a quilt they love, it comes down and goes home iwth them. Unless it is a special one to me and made during a certain time in my life.
Selfish!!! Get that thought right out of your head! With all that you have given, you deserve to keep the ones you have. Can I come visit - I am sure I could find a quilt I love!!! LOL!!!

I have only kept 2. I gave my DH a lap jean quilt for watching TV, but I probably use it more than he does. After my son left home I made a Star Log Cabin for his bed. The rest have all be given away. Oh, yes, I also made myself a tree skirt.