Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts have you made? >

How many quilts have you made?

How many quilts have you made?

Old 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM

I've been quilting for as long as I can remember-think I did my first one in the 70's and like it so much I just kept on and on and on, I come from a long line of quilters my mom, my grandma, and my late mother-in-law all creators of hand quilting, I'd like a long arm some day but like the workmanship of the hand quilted designs-with all the love that is stitched in to a quilt-you beet that for anything in the world.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

I have lost count, between bed quilts, baby quilts, etc. probably between 100-200.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM

I finished my first baby quilt about 13 months ago. It and the next one were cheater quilts so I just did the quilting (FMQ) and binding, but really enjoyed them. Then I made the next two from scratch. One a lap size Friendship braid and another baby quilt which I saw a photo of and copied, but added some personal touches. So that's 4 in about a year. I seem to be excited when I start a new quilt, but am getting pretty tired of it by the time I'm finished. I look forward to getting better at the craft and making enough to give to all my grandkids (13)
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 PM

I have made at least a dozen "baby quilts", one queen size, one king size (only top done) and numerious laptop quilts, several table top runners. I learned to quilt about 15 years ago, but because my husband and I drive truck, I don't have a lot of time to quilt on the road. Usually do my quilting when we are home. Can't wait to retire at the end of this year so I can spend more time quilting!!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 PM

I,ve been quilting about 4 years now and have done up roughly100 not counting wall hangings, table toppers ,and small mats.I have enjoyed every minute of it--even the guuurrrr minutes. Most have been given to family and friends or else donated to the hospitals and nursing homes.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 PM

I don't know how long I've been quilting. Learned to HQ at 16 by helping my Aunt and her quilting buddies. Over the past 5 years I started to actually make quilts and quilt them. I've made one (grandmothers flower garden) all handpieced and HQ'd (took me one year to complete). I've made 4 childrens quilts, but only one HQ'd. This year I've made a commitment to get more serious with quilting since the 2 grandson's are now in preschool and I have time. Working on one now that was an UFO, and I have 2 more UFO's to HQ. My first log cabin ( made 13 years ago) and a quilt top my Aunt gave me that she never got to do. Now retired and GK's older I'm looking forward to doing more.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 PM

I've been quilting for 30 years, and have never kept track, but I know it's in the hundreds. I used to do hand quilting but I have serious joint disease (on disability) and can't support the weight any more. I have a dear friend who is a good LA'er, so now she does all of my quilting and binding unless I have a fancy border. The quilts fly out of here as fast as my sister and I can make them, and I can't even remember what I made or who we gave it too. Someone always needs a quilt.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 AM

3 completed quilts so far. I started quilting last May, 2012. My first quilt was pre-printed cross stitch blocks. I cross stitched the blocks and then everything was hand sewn and hand quilted. That one took me about 9 months, a large lap-size quilt (not quite a twin). After that I have 'completed' two others using brother sewing machine (one about a twin size and one a large baby blanket). I have one I am quilting now, almost finished, needs to be done by next weekend as its a wedding gift for my sister (it's a large lap size) -- see the Frustrated thread I started (LOL). I have another one that is sandwiched and waiting to be quilted. Then, of course, there are multiple others in various planning stages...from fabric and pattern in box, to already cut out pieces waiting to be sewn. Since I got started last year, I caught the 'bug' and can't stop with printing out patterns, buying fabric, and more fabric, and more fabric. This has really been addicting! Plus this board has been very encouraging. I don't think I would have stayed with it like I did if it hadn't been for this board. I got very tired of that first hand-sewn quilt. No patience, I guess.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 AM

Just pieced #235 . The majority I make are size 40x60 and used for comfort quilts for cancer patients. Our guild gives about 125 a year to the local cancer center. Most of those were tied until I learned QAYG. Bed quilts I send out to a long arm quilter.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 AM

I have made 30 and 20 of them I have given away to family. Only about 6 of them have been twin size. The rest have been queen size and larger.