View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 PM
petthefabric

Very interesting to hear what people are doing.
My first 3 "quilts" (no piecing, sandwiched, quilted, bound) were in desperation for Christmas gifts as a newly wed, college student with no money. L O N G P A U S E.

My daughter decided I could be the quilt project leader for 4-H, and not wanting to let her opinion of me down, I rose to the occasion. I kept ahead of the children. That was 1990, 22 years later, I'm still quilting as is she. We have this in common, a precious bonding tool. Having not met the "quilt police", I was fearless and actually accomplished a lot both piecing and machine quilting.

Then I went to work full time. I had so many ideas and couldn't keep up with the quilting, so most went to LAQ.

When DD graduated from college and I had more free time, I started developing my own style and no LAQ could come close to my style, so a started again quilting my own on DM and bought LA (most lap size and larger are LA).

Now most quilts are small wall hangings. There's a king size on the LA. I still have more ideas than time. I'm more content with enjoying the process than getting it finished, so I stopped counting. I'm enjoying the time with other people while I'm quilting.

We have 1 child (her house is overflowing with my quilts) and no GK's (no recipients there). I've given some for fund raisers, charity, friends, family. Some are on long term loan to fam/friends (I get them back when people die). There are my favorites that grace the walls, furniture, dining table of our house on a rotating basis. There's a series of shopping bags. There's 4 large cupboads filled with quilts. I've sold maybe 30. Take a guess......200-500, I've no idea.