View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
omaluvs2quilt

I just LOVE this thread...I have read every post and its so nice getting to know each other a little

I didn't add my story to my post, but I have wanted to quilt ever since I was about 11 and doing small projects on my grandma's old Singer. My mom made my clothes and my barbie's clothes when I was young and I was always intrigued by the beautiful things she made. Life kind of took its own path and I never really got started except for gathering and cutting squares, which later got lost in the shuffle. The only thing I've ever finished clothing wise was pajama pants and I've taught my 2 stepdaughters how to do that as well. When I medically retired in 2008, a friend remembered hearing me talk about wanting to learn to quilt and my mom & I took a class with her. Needless to say, my mom & I are both hooked for life! My friend has a young son, so she doesn't have much time for quilting, but does make some killer halloween costumes : )

No matter how many quilts I make, there are even more that I want to make and more people I want to gift them to...can't wait to start the next one, a graduation present for the youngest's college graduation in May...better get started !!!!