View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM
KarenK

Originally Posted by Hcim55 View Post
Sometimes it's a matter of taking not finding the time.....
I agree.

I, too, have many interests and used to frequently get frustrated due to lack of creative time.

The first step is to set priorities. I had to sit down with myself and make a list of interests and discovered I was trying to do WAY too much. (Working full time takes a huge bite out of creative time.) Then I prioritized the list. The top four are family time, sewing/quilting, walking, reading and I do these on a regular basis. The rest of the items on the list are done occasionally. I simply had to let some things go.

I've also used the alarm clock idea and set the timer on the stove or my cell phone for 15 to 30 minutes. It's amazing what can be accomplished in 15 minutes a day.

Another thing I've done is to make an appointment with myself and consider it just as important to keep as a Dr.'s appointment. I'll cook ahead of time and do my best not to let anything interfere with that time. Sometimes, it's a few hours, but a couple of times in the winter during those unbelievably heavy duty snow storms and -30 wind chills, I'll schedule myself for the whole weekend.

If sewing time is important to you, you will figure out how to do it, including asking someone else to share household tasks.