Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
d'sm-- you may have to. i've taken pictures, but now i can't find my camera! .... but, the beautiful, and yes, whimsical table runner is hanging on my design wall. i took about 6 pictures of the clouds up close and will hopefully have one shot where it actually shows the beautiful stitching. it is quite a hit with my husband, too! usually he doesn't make a spontaneous comment, but this time he said, " you know the thing on your wall? i like that." high praise from him i assure you!
Well here's the runner I sent Nancia. I didn't get closeups, but you get the point. I'm glad your honey likes it too! My original design plan was for balloons only, no blue. It would have had an uneven edge, top and bottom, but still be one up & the next down. I couldn't figure out how to make the transitions look right though. So then I thought I'd get a little blue to aid in the transitions. Then I thought it looked pretty good with the blue, but the runner seemed short, and since I didn't want to put together another gondola (isn't that what they're called?), I cut divider strips. Then I decided that it wasn't enough sky for them to fly in, so they got bottom sky. Eh, that was lopsided, so I put the top row on too. Then I decided you needed clouds, so I waited for my FPQ foot, but then I chickened out on doing too much, lol. Ta da! You ended up with this....

(Dusty asked me why they were uneven. I told him "The wind silly!")

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06191.jpg   dsc06192.jpg  

Last edited by DustysMomma; 03-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.