View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:09 AM
chicnhok

I just wanted to say that I also have a newly aquired w&w9 but mine is in what they call a drawing room cabinet, I sort of collect sewing machines, some are parts machines, tho I have a couple of treadles that look like yours does. I really haven't had enough time yet to explore the inside of the cabinet, I got the machine raised up for useability & I thought thats all I needed todo besides put the belt on it but the treadle is really stiff so I thought, i'll put it back down inside its cabinet, & it wouldn't play nice. so now its gona stay there till I can down on my hands & knees & see what makes it tick. mine has a last listed patent date of 1890 serial #94012 i think it was. Anyway if by chance you come across any info about a drawing room cabinet for one of these machines I'd greatly appeciate if you could pass it on to me. I'd like to restore it if posible. my e-mail address is [email protected] & yours looks really cool. I'd really enjoy seeing your first quilt. my other treadles are blocked into unusable space, or being used as a place to set a printer up on, with my internet dsl modem & what not on it shame on me. and thank you for any help or info you can provide, good luck with your quilt