Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 AM
AlienQuilter

I love minkee! So do my kids. I don't pin, I spray baste. I take the top outside and spray it, then bring it inside and attach it to the minkee. This latest quilt I'm working on I'm using good quality flannel instead of batting. I have attached the top to the flannel (by the above method) and did all my quilting. I wanted to reinforce all the seams but did not want to do a lot of quilting on the minkee. Today I will spray the back side of the flannel and attach it to the minkee and do some simple stitch in the ditch to secure it to the minkee. I have already taken my serger around the edges of the quilt top/flannel. Hopefully I have secured the seams/edges enough that if it is washed, nothing will unravel or fray. It has already found an owner. My youngest saw it and claimed it while I had the top on the floor attaching it to the flannel. I just know my oldest is going to be upset. Youngest is ahead in quilts! BTW, its a dragon quilt. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post a pic.