View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by Gerbie View Post
I'm sorry I can't help you out, I have no idea what that means. I hate abbrevations on patterns like that, I think too many people including designers are just getting LAZY, they are so engrossed in the texting, twittering and all, that they think everyone else does this. I do neither, and hate for people to use abbreviations when they could just as easily print the meaning out or orally say it. This high tech world we now live in is truly ruining our children in school. I am a retired First Grade teacher and retired in 2004. A few years before retirement, our brilliant state legislators and educators decided that Handwriting and Spelling were no long necessary as part of the curriculum, how sad. When tutoring after retirement, many of my 4th and 5th grade students did not even know how to write their name or write anything else. They could print whatever they wanted, but could not write it in cursive handwriting. So many could not spell anything either. I suppose Math and Reading will be next. Sorry will not step down from my "Soap Box."
Totally agree. But you know what? "Dumbed Down" kids become " Dumbed Down" adults and much easier to
influence.