View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I used to kiss my children's forehead and I kiss my husband's forehead. Our family has a history of pyloric stenosis. It usually occurs in first and last-born children (male or female). Also can happen in middle child. First symptoms are right after feeding (breast or bottle (mother's milk or formula, soy,doesn't matter) and the child is usually newborn- 6 weeks old. Right after feeding when you get ready to burp and the child literally spits up liken to vomiting like a projectile force. If this happens get the infant to the physician or ER immediately. The valve between the stomach and intestine (how I can only describe) tends to swell shut. The formula/milk has no where else to go but back the way it came out. This can lead to starvation. My nephew had this when he was born and his newborn son had it. My nephew was made aware of this situation as soon as he and his wife found out their son was his way. Some parents will let this go on almost till the next dr. visit. By that time the baby can be in the starvation mode stage 4 (nearly dead) and sadly CPS is called in. My nephew took his son to the ER in the middle of the night 3 days after they were home from the hospital. He was told it was just a little bit of spit up. He told them where to go, went out the door and to the next hospital where low and behold the ER dr. happened to be the dr. who delivered him and new what he was talking about. That same dr. was also my dr. many years ago and diagnosed my youngest son. My nephew little one had surgery the next day and he is thriving. He is a beautiful little 5 month old. So go with your gut instincts.