View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 AM
MaryLane

Boy, posting from my phone when I am in desperate need of sleep is probably not a good idea. I only slept two hours yesterday.

I admit, I am a fretter. I worry about everything I do and whether it will please the intended recipient. That is not their fault. It is MINE! I think everyone is doing such gorgeous work and the individuality is part of the charm. I had never seen a row quilt until I signed up for this and now I have a million ideas. Mine may end up 10 feet long by the time I get it all together! I know that I am OCD. Part of why I didn't want my rows joined was because I wanted to put sashing and it will probably be some smaller blocks. But the other part is I want to hang this on the wall and I need it to be balanced for my odd little mind.

I think we all project our own idiosyncracies onto others. The thing about projects like this is giving up control and going with the flow.

These are all beautiful, ladies. Everyone should do what works for them. My friends and family love seeing them. I know that my skills are not equal to others in various areas. I just have to let go and hope that is part of the charm.

Happy Stitchin', y'all! And, Yvonne, you do whatever you want to my row. A landscape instead of blocks is perfect. But blocks are wonderful, too. I am just amazed at everyone's work so far.

Mary