View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Airborne is a tablet that is full of mainly vitamin C and other good stuff. You put it in a glass of water and it fizzles like Alka Seltzer, but tastes much better! Hubby and daughter swear by it!!
thanks Terri! I been popping vitamins and if we don't have that product, think we have something like it. ugh! have an intolerance to ascorbic acid, but I can deal with the pain and the itching better than the flu!

sarasewing:
A good thing to remember during the flu season is that cold and flu are spread by droplets. They get on your mucus membranes, like nose and mouth. It takes them a bit to get into your system, so blow your nose a couple of times a day, and gargle. Reduces the risk that they will take up residence. That is a huge reason for washing hands, so you don't transmit them from your hands to your own mucus membranes. DON'T touch your face!

thanks, sarasewing. I have been scratchin my chin and nose with the inner side of my gown. My hubby thought last night that I was 'masking' myself against him. I told him I am trying to break the putting my hands on my face habit. Geesh, I wouldn't care what he did to protect himself from me, if I was the sick one, as long as he didn't lock me outside, lol!