View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Out of the blue this morning, got an email from my stepson, age 40, with a picture of his son (age 6) and the quilt we had made for SS 30 years ago, asking if we were surprised it held up so well. I was surprised he had kept it all these years!
At least that is one quilt that I know of, that didn't wind up in a dog bed!! I feel so sad when I read those stories on QB.

The pattern is "Crosspatch" from "The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt in America" by Carrie Hall.
If it has been used nonstop for 30 years and is still in great condition, then you deserve a reward for purchasing extremely high end fabric! Wow. I'd kind of expect a quilt after 30 years of use by a kid to be good only for a dog bed or a museum...

My kids' quilts really only last 10 years or so---after that they looked pretty bad and became useful to my DH for keeping the car engine warm, climbing on to get under the car to keep his clothes relatively clean, etc.

And this kid here is really cute! He'll be a lady killer for sure! And I'm glad to see he loves to read!