View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
ChavezArts

Default Need Quilt Back Ideas

Hi fellow quilters! I am new here and have just introduced my self on the "new kid" thread. I've been straining my brain for awhile on this problem, and thought I would throw it out here to glean from all of your combined experiences!

I am making a king size Amish style quilt. Finished size will be around 110" x 110". The top is complete using typical Amish colors: lots of black, and teals, greys, blues, greens, etc making stars. I only have enough black for about 50% of the back, so intend on using the left over colors to piece together something for the back. I don't intend to do another detailed Amish pattern on the back, I was thinking more along a the lines of something very simple, modern looking so It could be reversible to another style. Because of the king size (and planning on taking to a long arm quilter to quilt) I think I will have to use three widths of fabric to cover it all. But before I just start randomly cutting and piecing together blocks of black and color, I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to approach this. I'm worried about making a big mess that doesn't look very good.

Anyone have some ideas on how to approach this? Thanks in advance for your help!