View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 AM
oldcatlady

I've been following your thread, love to see all the pics
I'm an RN, too. I think there are a lot of us on the board.
I wanted to do a round robin and was hoping to join the next one when the last one was finished but if I remember correctly there was a lot of problems with the last one and they decided not to do another one so I was glad when I was able to get into this row robin replacing someone. I would definitely be interested in doing one when this RR is over. Maybe by then the hostess will have reconsidered and will do another one or if you plan on doing one by yourselves and need another person, keep me in mind

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
Answering the question of what is a round robin vs row robin. A round robin is where you make a center for your top. It can be a panel or something you create. Then each person in the group adds a border. Each border for example, can be from 3 1/2" wide to 9 1/2" wide. Or the borders can be a specific size, which is increased with each border. Each border needs to be worked in some way, which means it can be pieced, appliqued, embroidered, something added in the corners or in the center of the row. A border should not be just a single strip of fabric added to the center. However, borders do need to be attached. You can't send them separate like we did with some of the blocks and rows.

On