View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 AM
DogHouseMom

Default New Queen Anne cabinet & 15 clone

I can't tell you how happy I am!! I've been looking for this cabinet - with the stool - ever since I saw one for sale locally for $275 and refused to pay that price (without a machine no less). I'd see others for sale without stools, or off in Jersey or Florida for local pick up only.

Finally ... last night my husband spots this one on Craigs list for $65 with a machine. I was at the guys house within an hour! He said the listing was up for 15 minutes when he got my e-mail (and I had waited 10 minutes for him to answer his e-mail). Lovely older couple in Tinley Park, machine had been in her family since she was a girl. There are a few "accident" dents on the flip side of the top but otherwise the cabinet was very well taken care of - it's in gorgeous condition!! The original plastic foot pads are still on it.

The machine I barely looked at until today (I know .. shame on me) other than knowing it was a 15 clone. The "name" has rubbed off and I can't read it except it started with an "S" - the bed decals and overall state of the Japan are in very good condition (some minor chips along the edges of the bed). I turned her on and the motor runs (no smoke or odor), foot pedal works, needle goes up and down - but I did not thread her. Her metal bits need cleaning, and there is some rusty dots on the light housing. Her undercarriage gear works need a good cleaning as well. Have not opened her face plate. As I said ... was primarily interested in the cabinet and I will mostly likely clean this machine and flip it (I already have a 15 clone).

I kinda like the flip top bobbin cover though <G> ... and just might have to keep it for that. Will see.

I finally have my Queen Anne! And she's gorgeous!! I can't wait though to find the perfect upholstery fabric to recover her original ugly baby-poop brown vinyl seat cover.

Will post more pic's of the machine on the http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t164361-8.html thread.
Attached Thumbnails queen-anne-closed.jpg   queen-anne-head-sewing-side.jpg   queen-anne-face.jpg