Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Buckeye Rose

I spread the glue onto the batting in thin lines about 3" apart....nothing exact about this process....I don't spread the glue, just patting down the top fabric spreads it enough....this is way easier than any other method of basting that I have found....I don't iron dry as I am spreading out the quilt on my pool table, just air dry....but ironing is alot faster!....If I have a blob of glue, just spread it out a bit with your finger....it's a very cheap method, no fumes, no overspray and any cleanup is done with a damp rag....I have done several this times and love it....try it on a small practice sandwich if you have doubts.....you will find that since spreading onto the batting, you won't have any wrinkles or puckers....no shifting of fabrics....and the glue will last until you wash the quilt....repositioning after drying can be done by dampening the fabric/glue until softened.....it's just starch and will wash out entirely without staining.....unless someone comes up with a better method, it's glue for me for all basting!