View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
jclinganrey

I actually prefer 12 hour shifts because it gives me 4 days off/week. I don't work my 12's in a row - spread them out over the course of the week and I really value my days off. I've worked 8 hr shifts, evenings & nights over the years and would choose 12's any day. In my current dept., we're required to work (or at least schedule ourselves) for 2 major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years day) and 2 minor holidays (Memorial, Labor & the 4th) HOWEVER - - - I might have an opportunity to transfer to another dept, working 8 hrs M-F with 1 day off during the week every 4th week which would be my weekend to work. I'm seriousy considering this transfer b/c I really don't like a particular supervisor (she's incompetent, in my opinion) and I don't like my dept mgr. Also really tired of bedside care. My lumbar is killing me plus Sciatica.

My ex used to work a rotating shift when we were first married; one week of days then 2 days off; one week of evenings then 2 days off; one week of nights then 4 days off - and repeat. We even had a separate phone ### for work and the understanding was that if the 'work' phone rang, don't answer it. LOL - - -

Oh, the things we go through - - I'm grateful to have a job too.

Have a good day, friends!

Jane