Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

I have the Baby Lock Espire (which is the predecessor to the Symphonie) and I LOVELOVELOVE my machine. She is soooo easy to handle. You will love the one-push needle threader. Before, I always clipped my threads, now I let the cutter do the work. Stitch quality is fabulous. It's got a motor speed adjuster. Bobbin winds quite neatly. Lots of space, great light. The only thread mine does not like is Coats and CLark Dual Duty. Love the fancy stitches and the mirroring of stitches which comes in handy for the blanket stitch a lot for me.

I took a class at the dealer's to learn about cleaning the machine and all that jazz.

One word of advice: When you clean the entire bobbin area make sure to disassemble the pieces in the correct order (or you may mangle the bobbin shuttle and the machine needs to go to the hospital - ask me how I know!)
First you take out the bobbin cover, then the grey plastic cover which just slides out. Then you undo the screws on the cover plate and THEN you take out the shuttle. Assembly goes in reverse with the shuttle going in first. I find is just a little tricky to get the shuttle aligned properly but that is just a matter of practice.

I am also still fighting a little bit with the FMQ settings. I have to have my stitch length at 5 in order to maintain control over my stitches.

Enjoy your new addition.