Thread: hand quilting
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
familyfun

Originally Posted by doodledo View Post
I have went to LQS and if yu can believe not one teaches any classes on this! The one lady told me it is not the way to quilt anymore! So I have done, one small and one lap quilt by hand. Not perfect, but it did feel good to look at the work I did, even thought it is crooked, different stitch lengths, etc.
but I do both, hand and machine.
"The one lady told me it is not the way to quilt anymore!"
Oh my.. this really disturbs me.. I dont think I would go back. I think any way you want is the way to quilt!! I can see possibly no need for classes in the area but not the statement. I went to a hand quilting class at one of the LQS in the area and I was disapointed that there were only 2 others in the class. I went because I thought it would be fun. The teacher kept telling me to pull the fabric super tight in the hoop and then wanted me to rock the needle and keep my stitches small.. I felt the fabric needed to be looser to make my stitches smaller so everytime she walked away I loosened it some.. Here she came right back again telling me to tighten it up. I felt like a little kid that kept getting in trouble with her hand in the cookie jar.. LOL ...