Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I learned my lesson making sock monkeys. Everyone wanted one. Now I just laugh when asked to make another anything and say you were lucky to get the first one.
I had to chuckle when I read your post. This made me think of my brother- He ask for a buffalo quilt, so I searched everywhere for fab. with a buffalo. I thought I would have to attempt to create my own, but I found just the right fab. from "Best Kept Secrets", panels with buffalos. Well I made him a king size reversible quilt. After he had the quilt for several months I mentioned that I was making a particular quilt, then silly brother he is, he asked when I was going to make him a quilt he could use! I informed him I had already made him a quilt, and what did he think it was for if not to use, his reply"Yes, but I want one to use, that one is for display only". My reply"just be glad you got one, you are now on the bottom of the list". He still asks for another quilt, and I just keep telling him when everyone else gets one, he may get another. lol.