Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 AM
Cogito

I have a sister I love with all my heart! She is an artist and while she does beautiful work, she is mostly known locally. However, she does ask hefty prices for her artwork. I am not a huge fan of art you hang on the wall but a few years back I purchased one of her pieces at a showing and she gave me a family discount but it still cost me $500! The size is about 12" square. Now I only did this to be supportive of her and honestly, it was painful. Well.....she had been harassing me for some time about when was I gonna make her a quilt? She started saying it in front of others something like: "well she keeps promising me a quilt but I never see it!" then she lost most of her belongings in a house fire and I finally got around to making her the quilt. I gave it to her and I did intend it as a gift but to this day I have been upset buy the fact she just took it and said "thanks". It is as if she is the artist and what I do is just for play!
She will go on and on about the time and money she puts in her artwork and that she deserves to be compensated for it. I wonder if she has any idea of the time and money ($400) I put into making her quilt! I had to pay the long armer since I don't do that. I know she has to have some idea because of her own work, but for some reason, mine doesn't count...... Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, this has sooo bothered me!